The health and safety of our guests remains our key focus at Royal Caribbean. As we work together to contain the further spreading of the COVID-19 illness, Royal Caribbean has suspended all cruise operations through October 31, 2020, as well as the remainder of the 2020 Europe season and all Fall Transatlantic sailings. The latest update, in response to our continued alignment with CLIA, results in the cancellation of all Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific departures throughout December 31, 2020. Additionally, Spectrum of the Seas’ China sailings through September and Quantum of the Seas through October 1, 2020 have also been cancelled. Likewise, as announced previously, Odyssey of the Seas sailings between November 5, 2020 and April 17, 2021 have been cancelled as a result of her delayed debut.
Through our healthy return to service program, we are not only reinforcing current standards, but setting new ones at every turn. This new program will focus on four key aspects of the cruise experience — upgraded screening prior to boarding, enhanced processes onboard, focused approach on the destinations we visit, and heightened procedures for managing any reports of exceptions.
For those currently confirmed on canceled sailings and not previously opting to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy, a few options have been prepared for your consideration:
LIFT & SHIFT:
- Our popular Lift & Shift option is ideal for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, all while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select next year’s sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week window of the original cruise date and your clients are all set. You’ll find the Lift & Shift feature on CruisingPower.com easily moves your clients’ sailings to a qualifying sailing next year! Act now for our recent Australia, New Zealand, Spectrum & Quantum— option expires on September 28, 2020!
125% Future Cruise Credit:
- To account for the inconvenience this has caused, your clients are eligible for a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that is based on the total cruise fare paid at the guest-level and will be automatically issued — if neither of the other options is selected. Taxes and fees, as well as any pre-purchased amenities or onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. October 16, 2020 —for our recent Australia, New Zealand, Spectrum & Quantum.
- If your client previously opted to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy, the 100% FCC will stand, and this new option is ineligible. Additionally, if your clients redeemed their Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on a sailing that is now canceled, their original FCC will be reinstated, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the canceled reservation.
- If your clients would simply like a refund, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest when requesting this option on or before December 31, 2020. To request the refund on your client’s behalf, simply select the “Request a Refund” option via the automated “Cruise with Confidence” form on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News” and the process will begin. Your client can expect their refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. To ensure your client is making the best possible choice for their vacation option, there is no need to rush on deciding — the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated.
- If your client redeemed a Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on an impacted sailing and would now prefer a refund instead, we will process this request in the amount of any new funds paid above the original certificate and, in turn, will reinstate the Cruise with Confidence FCC for future use.
THE BELOW APPLIES TO SUSPENDED SAILINGS THROUGH OCTOBER 31, 2020:
We appreciate all you do and understand the trying times that the travel industry is facing, so it has never been a question of protecting your commission earnings, regardless of the compensation option selected. Partners stick together — you can count on us today and for years to come!
Together, we will rise to the challenges this crisis presents and will come out stronger on the other side.