50 Years Bold: Contests & Marketing Tools
INTRODUCING: A ROYAL CARIBBEAN ELEVATOR PITCH!
In 50 seconds or less (around the time of an elevator ride), deliver and film your catchy pitch to persuade a client why they should vacation with Royal Caribbean. Submit your video to [email protected] by February 20, 2019. The top five videos will be featured on Vicki’s Facebook page where everyone can vote on the winner. Give it your best effort — because the winner will receive a free cruise!
For inspiration, check out my pitch below. And as always, thank you for all you do for your clients, the industry and Royal Caribbean!
ROUND 1 – 50 CRUISE GIVEAWAY – ABBREVIATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS (February 1 – March 8, 2019):* Each new booking confirmed on any Royal Caribbean sailings that have been named and fully deposited during the promotional period of February 1 – March 8, 2019 will be counted as a one (1) entry for a chance to win in a weekly drawing during the promotion period. No restriction on the number of entries which an individual a may submit. Both individual and group bookings are eligible. No category restrictions. Qualifying bookings must be active at time of prize redemption. Each winner will be awarded a Cruise Certificate good for one (1) double occupancy inside or ocean view stateroom for the winner and one (1) guest on select 4-night Caribbean sailing departing September 1 to December 16, 2019 (Subject to category and sailing selected, Approximate retail value: $600.00 for inside stateroom and– $1,000.00 ocean view). Black out date may apply. Guest must be 21 years of age or older. Prizes is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prized excludes air, transfers, meals, spa services, shores excursions and incidentals. Winners will be selected at random on Monday from the total number of qualified entries received in the prior seven (7) day period and notified on or before March 11, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualifying entries received. If winner is unable or unwilling to collect, prize will be forfeited. Only open to active and accredited travel agents (must have a valid ARC, IATAN, TRUE, or CLIA number) in U.S. (includes D.C.; excludes P.R.) and Canadian travel agents (excludes Quebec) 21 years of age or older. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Sweepstake may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change without notice. SPONSOR: Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD., Miami, Florida USA.
February 6, 2019 – February 20, 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) 18 AND OLDER. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, OR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor related to this Promotion or these Official Rules will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and all such decisions are final.
- Eligibility: The “50 Years Elevator Pitch” Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to Travel Partners of record with Royal Caribbean International as of February 6, 2019 who are active and accredited travel agents (must have a valid ARC, IATAN, TRUE, or CLIA number) of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Travel Partners must be registered with Royal Caribbean to sell and arrange Royal Caribbean Cruises, accommodations, and/or trips for travelers in order to qualify to win. Employees of Royal Caribbean International (“Royal Caribbean International” or “Sponsor”), their affiliates, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, parents, subsidiaries and joint venture companies, as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (whether related or not)) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations apply, including federal, state and local taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
- Sponsor: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on Monday, February 6, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, February 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest by submitted an original video pitch (“Video”) via email to: [email protected] (the “Email”). By submitting you Video to the Email, you agree that your Video conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Video submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Video fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Video Guidelines: Your original Video submission must be 50 seconds or less on length and contain and original pitch describing why you think a Royal Caribbean Cruise is the best vacation for your clients.
- The Video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind with a prize value of greater than $300;
- The Video must not have been commissioned by another media organization; and
- The Video must not have been previously published as a result of paid publication.
- The Video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Video must not contain anyone other than you, the entrant. Entrant is the sole person who can grant permission to use the Video. If an entrant’s Video contains any person other than the entrant himself/herself, the Video will be disqualified;
- The Video must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor’s trademark for which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading a Video into this Contest;
- The Video must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Video is created.
The Video used in the Video must be an accurate representation of the moment it purports to capture. Minor adjustments (e.g., cropping, sharpening and slight color corrections) may be made, but significant alterations, whether done digitally or mechanically, will result in disqualification.
- For all Submissions/ Videos: One entry per person. Multiple attempts to enter, or multiple uploads of the same Video will not increase entrant’s chances of winning. Uploading a Video constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions (along with a name credit) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes for one year from the date of entrant’s submission. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Video. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Videos, which are disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential Winners (defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined by a panel of judges as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor’s panel will select one (1) prize winner from all submissions using the Judging Criteria defined below (“Judging Criteria”):
Relevance to Royal Caribbean International (50%); and
Creativity in dealing with the subject matter (50%).
Prize Winners will be announced in the March 8, 2019 on Loyaltoyoualways.com.
- Winner Requirements: Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Prize Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria. In the event that a Potential Prize Winner (herein referred to as “Winners”) is disqualified for any reason, an alternate Winner will be determined by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria, in the judges’ sole discretion. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify Winners’ agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Winners’ name, city, state, likeness, Video and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, Winners shall grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such winning Videos (along with a name credit) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes for one year from the date of selection of Winner. If necessary, Winner will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Winner is granting to use the Client Pitch. Winners accept and acknowledge that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Videos and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Videos. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winners will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of the Contest.
- Prizes: There will be one (1) prize, awarded to one (1) Prize Winners. Prize Winner will receive a Cruise Certificate good for one (1) double occupancy inside category stateroom for winner and one (1) guest on a select 3-4 night Caribbean cruise (Approximate retail value: $1,000.00). Guest must be 21 years of age or older. Prize excludes air, lodging and ground transport. . Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
- Release: By receipt of any Prize, the applicable Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- Winners List: To view the contest winners, please visit the website LoyalToYouAlways.com after the Contest has completed. The winning pitches will be displayed on LoyalToYouAlways.com on March 8, 2019.
© 2019 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
By participating in this promotion you agree to the Official Rules.